Tuesday, January 30, 2007
- I am typically floating in Border's 20% off coupons, until I actually need one. Then there are none.
- I am pondering an ebook venture on eBay. Has anyone bought an ebook on eBay? Would you buy one if it was the right topic and price?
- An airline kicked a family off a flight when the 3-year-old daughter would not take her seat. She was "climbing under the seat and hitting the parents and wouldn't get in her seat". I agree with the airline's action. Do you?
- I told my personal trainer I needed a goal. Stupid! Stupid! Now I have to do 30 minutes of cardio 5 times per week for the next six weeks. It's been two days and I can't feel my butt anymore. And I can't eat donuts anymore. WHAA!
- Since we will be traveling to Russia again sometime this spring for our second adoption, I am re-taking a Russian language class. Russian is very easy when you are saying, "That is the dog."* and "My name is Goofy." But after only three weeks, we are conjugating verbs like mad and getting into things like genitive case, accusative case and dative case. Gah! Do I really need to be able to say, "I will read my professor's purple Russian book in the study, with the candlestick"?
- I still haven't done my 2005 taxes. How much trouble am I in?
-My favorite new website is Woot. They offer one deal, per day. It's typically a geeky-techy thing, like a gaming mouse, digital camera or Roboraptor. A sister site is Wine.Woot. Same thing, only wine and one deal per week (not day). I love the one thing per day model. What else could be sold this way? Books? Food items?
- I'm dyeing my hair purple on Friday. Just 'cause.
*funny language note: There are no articles in Russian (the, that, this, a...), so you basically say "That dog." instead of "That is the dog." If you want to ask whether that furry thing is indeed a dog, only your inflection changes... "That dog?" I imagine they do a lot of pointing in Russia.
Monday, January 15, 2007
Well, I've sure been quiet, huh? It all started with that darn "Blog Every Day For a Month" thing. I have this fear of committment, so I just gave up and waited it out until January.
So here I am.
Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty to blog about, let me tell ya.
Goofy's December/January in a nutshell:
- celebrated an anniversary (Good God...SIXTEEN YEARS!!)
- celebrated a birthday (Holy Moley...FORTY-ONE YEARS!!!!)
- felt very old, so took a nap
- took Goofy Junior to a Nutcracker Tea Party (where he announced during a lull in the action, "When I grow up....I want to be a Ballerina". I'm so proud)
- sold our house on the day before Christmas Eve (complete with visiting family members twiddling thumbs in living room as we signed paperwork with the buyer's agent)
- hosted Christmas dinner
- had a very quiet New Year's Eve at home (the first one ever, I think)
- bought a new house on New Year's Day
- had the buyers of our house get cold feet and back out THREE DAYS after we bought the new one
- had quick nervous breakdown wondering how this would all work out
- regrouped and had open house this past Sunday (in the sleet/ice storm - surprisingly, 1 person actually showed up)
- had inspection of rental house
- promptly failed inspection of rental house (electric still not working, water not turned on - picky, picky)
- took matters into my own hands and called city, power company and electrician and played the Whose Problem Is This? game for a few weeks
- finally got electric on (Yeah!)
- finally got water on (Yeah!)
- have two leaks in plumbing (Boo!)
- promptly turned water off (Boo!) and called plumber
- planned and executed company holiday party (shoot, this was easy compared to the rest of the month!)
So what have you all been up too? I've missed you all!