Option 1 - Homemade Thanksgiving dinner for the Goofy household (plus in-laws):
$ 5 Ingredients for Cornbread Stuffing
$ 6 Potatoes for Mashing
$ 5 Ingredients for Green Bean Casserole
$ 5 Dinner Rolls
$ 7 Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie
$ 7 Ingredients for Apple Pie
$ 10 Miscellaneous: Butter, Cranberry, Cool Whip, Gravy, etc.
NOTE: This does NOT include the TIME spent thawing, preparing, mixing, stuffing, buttering, cooking, baking, slicing, whipping and....cleaning up. Groan.
Option 2 - Go out for Thanksgiving dinner to a Restaurant that:
- won the Best Overall Restaurant in KC in 2006
- is located on the Country Club Plaza, which is famous for turning on their obscenely huge array of Christmas Lights on Thanksgiving night
- serves the full-blown traditional turkey dinner (including dessert), all-you-can-eat, for $20 per person
- did I mention that kids eat free?
- or that Goofy Junior LOVES Christmas Lights?
This year we are choosing Option 2*. We have reservations at 6:30pm. The Plaza Lights go on at 6:45pm.
No cooking, no cleaning - just eating, drinking and getting in the merry spirit of the holidays.
So...Lazy or Smart?
I say BOTH.
*My mom-in-law's quote was "Boy, we are getting smarter in our old age, aren't we?" so I think she's down with it.