Monday, October 04, 2004

Big, Big Winner...Maybe

I got the mail today. I opened up a letter that looked like an ad, pretending to be a personal letter. It wasn't an ad. It was a notification that I was a winner. Okay, yah, I'm a big winner, I thought. Now what do I have to buy? Hmmm... No, I really was a winner.

The letter was from a burger 'n custard restaurant that I had stopped at on the way to my husband's family reunion in Iowa. I actually remember filling out the sweepstakes coupon with one eye, while watching my son running away with the other.

As I remember, I entered because the grand prize was a Harley-Davison motorcycle. A 2005 Electra Glide® Ultra Classic® Harley-Davidson® motorcycle to be exact. (why do I feel like Ralphie in A Christmas Story? Would I shoot my eye out with a Harley?) Another prize was a mountain bike. A Trek® moutain bike to be exact (that's about $400 mountain bike for you pedestrian-types). Way cool stuff, huh?

My letter described my winnings. Ohboyohboyohboyohboy. I was a "Second Prize Winner". OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY... What was it? What did I win?

Wanna know what I won?

Custard. 1 quart of custard. Not even a frickin' gallon...just a measley quart of custard. Retail price...about $3.00.

Oh, wait, I get a jar of fudge topping too. And a jar of carmel topping. And I get 4 glass custard cups featuring the restaurant's 20th Anniversary logo on it. Oh boy. Yippee.

No bike (varoom-varoom). No bike (pedal-pedal). Custard.

Am I a winner or not? I'm still trying to decide...

4 comments:

Cagey said...

For my 21st birthday, my mother gave me 21 lottery tickets. I didn't win a single thing. Nada. Zilch. Kooch nahin. I realized at a young, tender age that I am a big fat loser. You, however, are a winner. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth and eat your fried ice cream out of your cool new (and free) custard cups secure in the knowledge that you have won SOMETHING. :-)

Lorena said...

And what a story you are going to have to tell, about those custard cups! Just imagine, in 20 more years...

;-)

Jack the blogger said...

Once I won a car audio system and it only cost me $200 to have it installed. BTW thanks for welcoming Quick Quack to land of blog.
Jack

Anonymous said...

hey speaking of free things try blingo for free translationfree, its free to sign up and you can win free prizes! I just won a free movie ticket! Lets win together!