Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It's Class Participation Time!

While I finish up the last of my first Social Suppers (Cheese Ravoili with Artichoke Tomato Sauce - so far so good!), it's time to hear from the peanut gallery my devoted readers.

Here's your question (reply via comment) :
If you could learn the answer to one secret (i.e. What killed the dinosaurs; Who killed JFK; Are Britney Spears' boobs real, etc.) what would it be?

To start you off, here's my answer:
What the fuck is Stonehenge? What is its purpose? Is it a temple? A sports stadium? Maybe just a pretty stone sculpture? A domino set for gigantic aliens? And while we're at it, how the hell was it built? And who did the building? (Okay, okay, so that's like twelve questions. So shoot me.)

I just saw a documentary tonight on a dude that built his own re-creation of Stonehenge, based on his interpretation of where the stones originally were. It's very pretty, all symmetrical and shit, but it didn't shed an eon of light on its purpose. I've heard speculation that it has something to do with the equinox. Why did early man care about that? Why go to so much trouble?

...now it's your turn!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they claim Stonehenge is a science astonomy center because they want to believe ancient man cared about more than football.

My question? Why don't humans have fur? I mean, we're woefully unprepared for the elements. Woefully. How have we existed this long?

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

I'd like to know what the purpose of the statues on Easter Island are for and HOW did they get there.

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Dorothy, good thing you don't live in Kansas!

karen! said...

I would want to know who killed Marilyn Monroe, because I don't believe that she did it to herself. And I would be there to prevent the whole thing, or I would send someone else to prevent the whole thing, because I am a weakling!